Saturday, February 6, 2016

Know Us!


We feel there are two wheels which made people civilized.. one wheel which was discovered in neolithic age and another wheel which bought a revolution in road transport in 20th century. Yes ! it is the "wheel for common weal". Let people call it corporation,samstha tsrtc or apsrtc, let people call them names with stereotypical abbreviations-we can never forget them.

" My Childhood orbited around three things- playing cricket, thinking of IAS exam and staring at APSRTC Buses. The corporation does a great job of providing reliable connectivity to far off corners and remote villages of the state.this meant a lot, APSRTC , for me was vague idea of romance & adventure that carried over from childhood. I don't know how it happened but the site and sound of the corporation always attracted me.I never knew why I was staring at them, I loved the way they look, I loved the way they were colored , the way they Honk and not to forget, the lovely quotes. I would notice the designs,models & number plates. Whenever I came across a bus, the best thing was to notice destination boards which had the names of unknown destinations and  open an atlas and search for the the destinations. This was my routine during primary school.I know the bus was roughly at the scheduled time & The ticket would always take me to my destination. Now coming to PG level, the staring remains same but it developed into a passion of buses. And finally all I wish to say is The charm and Attraction of Buses became more beautiful than of earlier days so as my(our) passion.
-Krishna,
Nirmal,Adilabad.


I have flashes from childhood.. Jumping on to the baldies, the good old green ordinaries from Hyderabad. Fast forward to when we were in Gajuwaka, those second week end trips to Srikakulam. Things changed once I got my first bus pass when in 7th class . 100C/107 in the mornings and the wait to try out a different looking bus every evening . Back then i had simple ways of differentiating between buses .. it was the time when 28Z ordinaries were arriving and I loved them! later I got to know the buses I hate most were rebuilt ordinaries. When in 10th, we used to look out on to the road from school balcony and call 10Z ordies grannies and and the new late 28Z  ones their children .like every one, I thought I was the only one like this .
When Seetalahamsa and Long buses were introduced my aim was to take at least one ride on them . I still remember the first day of B.Arch when I boarded a MSRD-2 ACGL built metro express the bus I love most ! Trust me I did not know any place beyond Koti apart from Secunderabad . It was so exciting to ride on a TATA in AL kingdom. And then I slowly understood how important buses were to the city and how crippled the city would be with out them during the statehood agitation for Telangana. Thanks to internet, met like minded people and as time progressed, the love for public transport , especially the corporation only grew. From being just a fanboy to understanding them and at times even questioning the corporation and the forces exploiting it, it has been quite a journey . Even after all of this I still have no answer to the question why did it start . I feel proud that it started, how ever it may have . 

-Ratnam,
dilsukhnagar,hyderabad(rural),srikakulam(urban).

మాది ప్రకాశం జిల్లా లో పామూరు దగ్గర చిన్న పల్లెటూరు మోపాడు. నా చిన్నప్పుడు అంటే 1988 నుండి బస్సులంటే చాలా ఇష్టం. మా నాన్న పామూరు లో job చేసేవారు. అప్పుడప్పుడు పామూరు తీసుకెళ్లేవారు. మా పల్లె నుండి 9km పామూరు. అక్కడ కనిగిరి, కందుకూరు, ఒంగోలు డిపో బస్సులను చూసే వాడిని. అప్పుడు express, semi luxury, super deluxe ఉండేవి. చాలా అందమైన రంగులలో ఉండేవి. నాకు చిన్నప్పటి నుండి ఎంత పిచ్చి అంటే మా ఊరి సందులు, గొందులు ఎక్కడ తిరిగినా నా చేతులతో స్టీరింగు లా తిప్పుకుంటు నోటితో బస్సు శబ్దం చేసుకుంటూ బస్సు నడుపుతూ ఉన్నట్లు ఊహించుకుంటూ పరగెత్తే వాడిని లేదా ఇంటి దగ్గర అమ్మ తెచ్చే బస్సు బొమ్మలతో ఆడుకునే వాడిని. నాన్న చీరాల లో job చేసేటప్పుడు అక్కడకు వెళ్లివస్తు బస్సుల మీద బాగా పిచ్చి పెంచుకున్నాను. నాతో పాటు RTC బస్సుల మీద పిచ్చి పెరుగుతూ వచ్చింది. అందరూ వీడికి బస్సుల పిచ్చి అనేవారు. బస్సు బొమ్మలను అందంగా అవలీల గా వేసేవాడిని. 2007 నుండి Internet లో బస్సు ఫోటోలను download చేసేవాడిని 2012 వరకు నేను ఒక్కడినే ఈ బస్సుల పిచ్చి వాడిని అనుకునే వాడిని ఆ తర్వాత నాలాగే ఎంతో మంది A.P.S.R.T.C అభిమానులు ఉన్నారని తెలుసుకున్నాను.ఆ తర్వాత బస్సులను కూడా అందంగా photos తీయొచ్చు అని తెలుసుకున్నాను ఇప్పుడు నా పిచ్చి నా పుత్రుడు థీరజ్ కు కూడా మొదలయింది. వాడు ఇప్పుడే అవళీల గా బస్సు photos తీస్తున్నాడు. నాది పిచ్చి కాదు అభిమానం అని తెలుసుకున్నాను ఇది ఇలాగే నిరంతరం తరం తరం కొనసాగాలి అని కోరుకుంటున్నాను.

-కిరణ్ కార్తిక్,
pamur,kandukur.



We hope you know us better now ! So, a question for people unlike us,
what do you know about the corporations apsrtc and tsrtc. what would you want to know about them .


#LOVEofZ #TSRTC #APSRTC 
  • Creative Commons License

  • LoveofZ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
  • .